Friday, April 13, 2007

When Shutting Your Mouth is the Answer

Remember the new opportunity I was talking about in my previous post? That new opportunity has knocked me off my feet. It goes with an AWESOME package. Problem is, I have to quit my present job. I have already accepted the offer and I have also sent email to my managers that I am firm in leaving the company.

Guess what? My line manager arranged a surprise meeting. I'd just say that it ended with a sour taste. I'll still have another meeting with him and his manager sometime next week and only then will I be able to convince them that they should let me go.

Why? Because another complication has come. My present client has offered me a job and the only term that's missing is my salary. They said it is negotiable. I like working with them and they like me because "I CAN DELIVER"! I wanted something better but it doesn't come served on a silver platter. And worse, it's got a twin! To be honest, I am lost. This is the moment when shutting my mouth is the answer.

I'm trying my best to be emotionally stable with respect to the situation I am in. I am a believer and all I can do is pray: "God give me the strength to hang on and grant me the wisdom in order to make the right decision."

No comments: